Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Little Boy Blue

Ever since Jaren was a teeny toddler learning his colors, he has loved the color blue. Been a bit obsessed with it, actually. He always has chosen blue clothes, hats, always wants the blue plate, cup, etc. So it was not a shocker when we told him we could paint his room that he wanted blue. So blue is what he got!

Jaren knows his way around a toolbox and actually knows how to use a few tools! He pulled out all the existing nails in the wall for us. Such a helpful 4 year old! So notice the plain white-ish walls. This is "the before".

Jaren really wanted to help paint. So we let him. At first. Then of course because he moves so fast he tripped and tore the tape and dropcloth away from the baseboard that I had just taped off, but still continued to paint even though the carpet was exposed... Back away from the paint, little man and surrender your paintbrush!


This is what half his room looks like. The other wall has framed pictures of John Deere tractors which he chose from a calendar. And I know the bed is crooked and lumpy, but hey, he makes his own bed!

Jaren and Kenna celebrating that his room is done! So what did Jaren say when it was all said and done? Thanks Mom and Dad its exactly what I've always wanted? Not so much. "I wish I could have a red Lighting Mcqueen room. I like red, now!" Hmmm. Maybe when you're 12. You gotta love kids.

2 comments:

  1. Cute room! You did a great job and Jaren is a great helper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figur! but tell him it really looks good. Nice job everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, let's hear it!