We made it through a couple of crazy weeks leading up to Halloween. The kids each had their own Halloween parties/ costume parades/ celebrations to go to throughout the day on Friday, and then Trunk or Treat on Saturday, so we got double use out of the costumes this year! (We discovered it is NOT easy to keep costumes clean for 2 days in a row!!
You probably won't recognize this super Secret Spy...

Jaren picked Robin Hood for the sole purpose of carrying a bow and arrow. He had the perfect stick he found in the back yard and HAD to make it into a bow. And so he became Robin Hood. He couldn't take the bow to school-(no weapons rule)-so he was worried people might think he was Peter Pan. We realized there is a very fine line between Robin Hood and Peter Pan costumes!

I'm not sure how Kenna decided on a bee, but I do know she picked about 68 different things until I finally made her commit and choose one so we could create it. For some reason, she thought "bee hair" would be to have two little buns on the side of her head. She was pretty insistent on it, and it was very cute, but I'll never know where she gets her MANY ideas...how does she know how bee hair should be??

So, 3 new costumes were added to the ever-growing dress-up bin. And I'm sure my kids are already thinking about what they could be for next Halloween!

The kiddos got a ridiculous amount of candy as usual. We had them each pick their favorite candies and we traded them Silly Bandz for the remainder of the stash. (And Greg's guys at work love us for bringing them the leftovers!) The kids hooked us up- so I've got my own personal stash of Twix bars and Greg has his Snickers. I like to think of it as food storage-my one year supply!
oh, these pictures are soooo precious. Did you attach them to Kelcie's e-mail? or even better sent her a hard copy since she cannot print them anyway. How do they ever come up with those costume ideas and you are a quite talented costume maker. We had a GA and Area Pres at our last Stake Conference. The GA talked abt his kids going trick-a-treating one year when he thought they were way to old to go. The kids armed with pillow cases each came home with them 1/3rd full. After they got home he had ea pick a stash of their favorite candy and the rest they had to hand over to him. Needless to say they were not very happy with him. So to the kids surprise at x-mas time they got a stocking full of candy. Not only did they think he 'stole' their candies at Halloween but now they added dad as being 'cheap' to their list. Thought that was funny. And I like YOUR idea of having a years supply!
ReplyDelete