Friday, August 13, 2010

Tri for Fun!?!

I'm still not sure why I decided this would be fun, but I trained for a Sprint(half distance) Triathalon this summer. The race was called Tri for Fun, and all the serious competitors race the next day in the Olympic distance race so it was a fun and non competitive atmosphere--which was nice.
And we're off... one of those yellow caps bobbing in the water is me! My wave was one of the last waves to start so I was glad to finally get going--the anticipation was awful!

Here I am at the transition between swimming and biking. See the big butterfly balloon? My friend put that there so she could find her bike faster-lucky for me, I was right next to her so it made it easy for me, too!
The home stretch...just a minute or so away from the finish line. I could hear my kiddos cheering me on and I was elated the end was in sight!

I know you're supposed to "walk it off" when you finish, but I was too tired. I just dropped to the grass. This was as much of a smile as I could muster up so it's hard to see how happy and relieved I really was in this moment!

2 comments:

  1. ..You are such a stud! I hope you didnt hit any dogs while you were biking! heheh ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Melissa!!! You are so brave to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Come on, let's hear it!